The Robert Henry Falkner Almshouses
The Almshouses, located in The Street, Woodham Walter, are owned by a charitable trust called the Robert Henry Falkner Almshouses’ Trust.
The Almshouses were built in 1908 by the three sons of the Reverend Robert Henry Falkner, in memory of their father, who was the Rector of St Michael’s Woodham Walter from 1875 to 1907.
The sons specified in the Trust Deed that in their father’s memory, the two Almshouses were to be occupied by parishioners described as:
“… poor persons who are of good character and who, from ill-health accident or infirmity are unable to maintain themselves from their own exertions.”
Mr Angus Neale
Clerk to The Almshouses, ‘Ranworth’
Little Baddow Road, Woodham Walter,